Windows JCAMP Viewer
Windows viewer last updated on: Tuesday, 10-Oct-2017 11:09:48 CDT; size: 4.1M bytes
The Windows jcamp.zip file will produce a folder (jcamp) containing the application (jcamp.exe) and a folder (jcamp Libs). Both items must reside in the same folder in order for the viewer to operate properly. It should operate on all common windows systems although it is has not been exhaustively tested. Please contact me if you have problems and I shall try to resolve them.
Known problems with win32 version:
- holding the Control key while dragging does NOT label a peak. It does seem work properly after some menu selection has been made.
- printing all spectra on one page may result in axis labels being lost.
- only one data file can be opened by double-clicking the .jdx file, you must open the rest using file:open. In some cases another instance of the viewer may be started to view the file.
- if the .jdx extension is associated with jcamp.exe, Internet Explorer will download and open the first file only. Subsequent files must be saved to disk and opened with file:open. In some cases another instance of the viewer may be started to view the file.
- The Chime plugin may interfere with downloading JCAMP files to be viewed with the viewer. We have modified the Chime plugin locally so that it ignores jcamp files. Consult your local programming expert.
- The File:Open Database menu selection is unreliable and will not download jcamp files in some operating systems.
Page delivered on Sunday, November 19, 2017, 7:57:15 P.M. local web server time.
Mail comments to Dr. Robert Badger